Monday 28 February 2011

The Garden Plan

The Current Garden
Below is a picture of my current garden - from the summerhouse roof. This was three separate photos kindly "stitched" together by my husband using Microsoft Image Composite Editor to gain the full view - pretty cool!



Proposed Plan (rough sketch!)
This is my ambitious plan of de-turfing the lawn to make way for more veggie beds (as you can see I'm not an artist - but you get the general idea :-) )
The circle and paths will remain as grass to separate the veg, fruit and herb beds. I did have a quite a few herbs but as with many of my plants this winter they have been killed off in the severe cold and frosts, so I will have to restock.
I'm also into herbal remedies so shall be looking to grow a wide selection. I have a great recipe for lavender and poppy seed cake which will be great to make again, so I shall plant more lavender; also good for pot pourri and decoration. I love the smell!
If I can get garden canes long enough I will construct a wigwam around the grass circle to grow runner beans to provide an interesting entrance to the bottom of the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment